I know I just made a meal planning page the other day (you can find it here), but I really wanted to make a meal board. I saw one on pinterest that looked like something I could do with mostly things around the house. I picked up some ribbon and binder clips. I already had the cork board and push pins. I printed out recipe names on cardstock and on the back of them I will write where I can find the recipe. I pinned the ribbon to the board and threaded the binder clips on them. I also stuck in a pin between the clips to help the ribbon stay in place. The cards are color coded for sides, carbs, main dishes and slow cooker recipes. I also added some cards for eating out or leftovers. The cup to hold the cards is the bottom of a propel bottle with a tab in the back for me to attach a binder clip. And of course, no meal board would be complete without a couple take out menus. :-) I finally put them in some page protectors so I won't have to reprint them. And here's how it turned out.In my quest for a healthier life for me and my family, I'm trying to cook at home more. The recipes I try have to not only be healthy but they also have to pass my husband's taste test. A healthy life doesn't mean just eating well, it also means having a well balanced life. Working hard and playing hard, so I'll post some of my scrapbooking and coupon stuff that I find. I'm sure I'll post some random stuff as I find things that amuse me and I think other people may find useful.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Meal Planning Board
I know I just made a meal planning page the other day (you can find it here), but I really wanted to make a meal board. I saw one on pinterest that looked like something I could do with mostly things around the house. I picked up some ribbon and binder clips. I already had the cork board and push pins. I printed out recipe names on cardstock and on the back of them I will write where I can find the recipe. I pinned the ribbon to the board and threaded the binder clips on them. I also stuck in a pin between the clips to help the ribbon stay in place. The cards are color coded for sides, carbs, main dishes and slow cooker recipes. I also added some cards for eating out or leftovers. The cup to hold the cards is the bottom of a propel bottle with a tab in the back for me to attach a binder clip. And of course, no meal board would be complete without a couple take out menus. :-) I finally put them in some page protectors so I won't have to reprint them. And here's how it turned out.
Labels:
crafty,
organization,
pinterest,
recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it with Six Sister's Stuff Link Party. We hope to see you back next Saturday!
ReplyDelete-The Sisters